Around the time Carrington and I were filling out college applications, along came a movie which "totally" summed up our emotions and anxieties:
How I Got Into College (featuring a young Lara Flynn Boyle as the female lead/love interest, Anthony Edwards as the admissions officer, and Nora Dunn and Phil harman in their prime as SAT coaches.). In retrospect, this is not the greatest summer movie ever made. But at the time, it was
golden. Ther right movie at the right time. And we
loved it.
To this day, C'ton and I refer to the characters embodying the SAT: A and B. (
Two men, A and B, are running a race. A is running at 10 miles an hour...)
That was 1989.
What high school seniors get this year:

Looks "awesome" for juniors/seniors. If I were in high school, I'd pay ten bucks to see it. In fact I'll probably see it with some puerile buddies anyway, but in our case we'll be bringing along some beer.
Trailer -
Official Site
No comments:
Post a Comment