Monday, March 02, 2009

about face

The more theme parties I get invited to, the more inclined I am to add a little something with the variety of professional face paint/makeup collected from past costumes. Because I wear glasses, masks are particularly difficult for me, so I usually just paint one on, then put on the specs.

Midsummer Night's Dream Face . Daring!

Some events require a little extra sumthin-sumthin, and clearly I am inclined towards the costume/thematic events. As these events and my propensity to paint get more frequent and more famous, the face painting has become somewhat known as my "thing."

Robert-Michael, Cristina Tejeda, Wilson Hardcastle

Gorgeous and Green

After this past week, I have decided I'm okay with that. (And who am I to waste such an ample canvas as my forehead?)

This past week alone there has been the Academy of Friends, Mardi Gras, and YSL a Go Go.

Wilson Hardcastle and Jenny Georges . Mardi Gras at the Lookout 2009 - 13

Sandra O. Noshi-Di'n't, Wilson Hardcastle, Pollo Del mar

Shilpa has said that it's not so much that I do it, as that I'm good at it. At Mardi Gras, random people asked me if I could paint them too, and we stopped at Walgreen's during the crawl and bought colored lip liner pencils so I could add flair to those who wanted some.

Mardi Gras at the Lookout 2009 - 10 . Shilpa and Barry

Much fun.

But even with the bits of brush here and there, I know I haven't gone too far. I've just learned there is a scale to these things.

Check out this guy. Now that is face painting.

No comments: