Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Actor brutaly gay bashed by NYPD in Grand Central Station

Absolutely terrifying.

Jesse On The Brink: Police Brutality - New York's Finest!

excerpt from the police repsonse to performing a cartwheel in a nearly empty station:
The cops wrench my wrist back, handcuff me, and one of them has my head and is pounding it into the cold hard cement. I was not resisting, I was not fighting. I didn't even see them coming. They were simply going to teach this faggot a lesson! While my brains are being dashed, all I can think (besides, this shouldn't be happening!) was that this kind of injury is exactly how Natasha Richardson died. And here's the thing about having your arms behind your back and your head being smashed repeatedly into the floor of Grand Central Station by the very people who are supposed to protect you: the only thing you can try to do is move your neck from side to side -- so that the blunt force will cause more trauma to your head, than to your face. I blacked out.

Next thing I know I'm in a jail cell in my underwear. Why was I in my underwear? Why wasn't I fingerprinted, booked, or charged? My clothes are outside of this cell and I'm in there thinking if the cops can get away with this, they could make me disappear into one of those CIA web of prisons.
Surely—although painfully and after a lot of time and expense—the truth will come out. If this account is true, which I believe it to be, these cops should not just be fired, but charged and serve hard time for this level of violence and abuse of authority.

Will the Blue Wall close around them? Not if the NYPD values honor and duty anymore. There are some seriously brave and dedicated officers in the NYPD—this sullies them all I and would like to image those of character would call for their expulsion rather than defense. One imagines there is some security footage or evidence about to support the account one way or another.

I'm interested to see how mainstream media outlets cover this, if at all.

Update: The good (2004 Republican Convention notwithstanding) reputation of the NYPD is preserved. Authorities have indicated that it was the MTA Police Department (what is their relationship to the city?) conducting the bad acts. However, the question remains: will they be held accountable?

No comments: