Thursday, January 25, 2007

Three thumbs up

Last night, to welcome Kevin back to our fold (he's been skiing in Utah for three weeks and desperately needed a drink)-- Shilpa and I planned a Bollywood Spa Night at her place.

Kevin is CRAZY for the Bollywood, and Shilpa is all over it.

We brought booze and she cooked a fab Indian dinner, then we sprawled out in the living room with the 134 various products girls tend to accumulate by gift or by choice.

The Bollywood selection was one of her favorites (I think it translates to "Be My Friend," she has the DVD, of course) which is basically the the Indian retake of The Truth About Cats and Dogs female-centric retake on the Cyrano de Bergerac tale. The male lead is hot, and for an Indian guy he's way hot. Shilpa is sure he's gay, but there were too many cultural differences jamming our gaydar and Kevin and I failed to get a clear reading.

We were also much mesmerized by the clever camera angles that would linger on his long face or muscled torso, and yet obscure the fact that he has two tumbs on one hand! (All his math is in base eleven.)

And of course, while Shilps enjoyed a deep conditioning treatment, she took care of her boys with beauty masks:


Kev's had retinol or whatever it's called and that seemed to be an issue. Some sort of bitch-reducer I think...



Ahhh.

Total entertainment immersion: food, drinks, silly movie with lavish dance numbers, and lots and lots of product.

The cucumbers weren't the only things chilling.



And I will say, today my skin looks awesome.

I'm off now to join Kevin for our A.C.T. performance: The Circle. We missed the Out with A.C.T. parties for this performance (I was at the MBA thing and Kevin was in Utah), but I think it is kind of cool that we unwittingly rescheduled our tickets for tonight, on the birthday of the playwright.

No comments: