Tuesday, January 23, 2007

who's feeling blue?

Oh yeah... Mark Casey's annual Post Holiday Blues party is this Saturday (hence the title for the previous post). Blue attire is required-- and for attire, one really has to step up. This will be the sixth annual, and participants are getting more and more into the theme: dying bodies, hair, clothes, and finding more outrageous combinations of blue sequins, leather, feathers, battery-powered wardrobes, and get-ups.

Last year I found a blue-sequined dinner jacket, but it was roasting to wear. (And, being me, it's the kind of thing I can wear again. See photo from Mac's 40th at right.)

I spent Saturday shopping for materials and have devised a feathered trim with battery operated lights combo for the pants. I thought I'd make a cape from some sequined material, but that's likely to be too warm to wear(Mark's place is roasting, probably because the men are so hot).

After a Harvey's brunch with Kate, I went over to Barney's Sunday afternoon for a little arts/craft day for the outfit, but five seconds into it we decided it would just be easier to safty-pin the whole thing together the night of, so we just chilled the rest of the afternoon with tv, laptops, and vodka sodas.

Ending the evening with Sundance Saloon, all in all a sweet Sunday.

No comments: