Wednesday, November 04, 2009

the pain in Maine falls mainly on the gays

Absolutely heart-wrentching. All of the internal Prop 8 abuse is coming up again and I just can't get into it. And it kills me that every time the haters win, it has been only by a sliver of a margin and entirely based on dirty and illegal tactics—funding fraud, out of state machination, repeated very public lies and complete dishonesty in their effective and fear-mongering advertising. And it is painful too that the government that is support to secure equal rights and enforce election fairness has no teeth to prevent such corruption. (And don't tell me "life isn't fair." The law should be if not fair, then equitable. And especially accountable.)

But I cannot imagine how the anti-gay "take away the equal rights of Main citizens" camp can be so celebratory. How can they be so jubilant at causing such destruction, heartache and pain to wholesome families? Adding a nail in the hand is that so many of them do this draped in their Christianity, when their actions are anything but.

I felt the need to note some of this here, as this is basically my journal as well as a public blog. But I can't get into this any further. I won't be able to stop.

On a good note, way to go Washington State and Houston!

Sigh.

Update: I've got to stop. This is all painful. But here's a quote from Joe.My.God.
(Caption) Yes On 1 supporters explode in joy and thank Jeebus for protecting them from the blood-thirsty homosexuals. They should also thank NOM for its illegal refusal to comply with Maine's financial disclosure laws. And they should thank Stand For Marriage for consistently lying about "teaching gay marriage." And they should thank the Archbishop of Maine for passing the collection plate during Ma$$. Yes, thank the bloody Jeebus for enabling lying, law breaking, deception, and hatred. Praise His Name!


No comments: