Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hankering for home

After recovery this morning, I drove Barney down to his lab to retrieve an exceptionally large box he had delivered there, but was far too large for carrying home on his bike. After our enjoyable afternoon in the freezing cold SF greyness, he took me to lunch/dinner at Memphis Minnie's. Barney had been hankering for a monster plate of ribs all day. And as a true Tennessean, I don't turn down an offer for good barbecue.

Memphis Minnie's is consistently praised by foodies, locals, papers, magazines, tv shows, and displaced Southerners.


Yum.

I may be from the deep South, but I suppose Barney is from the far, far south...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check this site day after day, waiting, waiting, waiting for the post about my visit. And what do I find but more pictures of this austra ... uh ... kiwi guy.

Willo said...

Well, the only story I have to write about your visit is the hilarious story of your closeted, indenial, underage, boy X-toy-X X-friend-X "drinking buddy," but I thought you'd rather not have that appear on the blog.

I did share the tale with a certain X-Australian-X New Zealander. We had a good laugh, and wish were we shagging college juniors like rabbits too.