Hey kids! It has been an amazing week over here at IJS. But with the departure of Keith I have been completely deflated. It's like the day after Christmas--there has been this long period of preparation and anticipation, and once all done it's sort of exhausting and melancholy.
That and I am exhausted. And stressed. But that story is for another post.
I'll give a quick recap of the Keith Week, but sadly there are few photos to accompany.
Keith arrived Wednesday night and Kevin and I took him to happy hour at the Sadlands, a rushed Thai meal at Thai House Express at 19th and Castro (shout out to them for an excellent meal, reasonable price, and great service when we told them we were in a rush to see a movie), and a gay flick at the Castro Theater. Unfortunately we were a little late so Keith did not get the entire Victorian theater experience (the restoration is beautiful) or enjoy the pre-show pipe organ. RMJ was running equally late and joined us in our seats.
Thursday night Shilpa and I took Mr. Hinkle out to shake his groove thing--starting out with C/W at Sundance Saloon and spending the rest of the night/morning working it on the Badlands dance floor. NB: Keith can freakin dance. Damn, baby.
Friday Keith had to work in the A.M. and Shilpa and took our day off to clean and prep our respective homes before criss-crossing the City shopping for the Big Dinner at Shilpa's that night. (And can I just say, the drinking crowd at the Cinch at 11:00 in the morning is "capital C" Cree-P.)
Friday night was an absolute blast. And I understand why Shilpa "loves her gays." Dr. May came over early to rewire her bedroom light switch (not a euphemism), then Keith and Barney and I set out arranging food, lighting, and flowers. (Another thanks to Barney for doing the dishes too.)
The title of the Evite for this dinner was "Cowboys and Indians." Kevin showed up in a full on Indian Chief headress. I about peed my pants when he walked in. After the crowd's reaction sort of died down, I had to laugh when I heard Jeff Baker comment, "Now I have Half Breed stuck in my head."
And more props to Keith for bringing his iPod, packed with up-to-the-minute dance tracks and a seemingly endless array of Indian/Bollywood remixes of current dance tracks. Very cool, and so contextual.
Around the table that night were me, Shilpa, Keith, Kevin & Shawn, Jeff & Bill, Paul & Fred, Barney, and Big Jimbo Myers. Later in the evening, we were joined by Lance and his visiting entourage.
And here we will leave off the narrative until later when I can address the silliness of Lance, Gay Greg, Terry, and Nigel; the arrival of Ruby, the descent at the Cinch, fire handling, beach traipsing, and final farewells.
And as long as I'm mentioning Lance here, on Thursday evening on the way home from work, Lance was in an automobile accident and totalled his Crossfire. Thankfully, Lance suffered only minor scrapes and bruises. That speaks a lot to the safety features of his little roadster.
Pics later.
Update!
No comments:
Post a Comment