Thursday, September 16, 2010

lush life

Speaking of the Mid-Market Revitalization Project, the Shilpa and I had the opportunity to visit the new and expanded Lush Lounge on Polk Street last Saturday after a work conference. So very, very nice.

The New Lush Lounge!

I say "speaking of" as it was a lovely sunny day, the bar was nearly empty and we sat in the window seats talking with the owner David for most of the afternoon, and he told us that the Chamber of Commerce selected him as the Small Business Owner of the Month and the City has asked him to open another location in Mid-Market as part of the renewal effort. This new Lush has a lot of the charm of the original with much more space, light and air; and I'd welcome another one downtown. He did the build out himself and it is quite, quite lushful. And Cosmo the Bar terrier is almost impossible to resist when he brings the tennis ball and those pleading puppy eyes. I am such a pushover for cuties with fur.

No comments: