Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Still smoldering

To my super-fun-yet-aging friends, welcome back from Burning Man!  Is it done yet?  I mean, jumped the ironic Fonzie and the Skark desert installation?  Like so many things before it, I hear that it has been a victim of its own success.  The Xers build something special and the Yers sort of trashed the place.   This year, what was the art-to-pharmaceutical ratio?  I wasn't there, but I heard it was not so much Burning Man any more as it was a sort of costumed-tourist-come-lately, week-long rave. (At least they were largely costumed, unlike Halloween in the Castro which suffered a similar fate.)

So what's the report?  Waiting for well-written tales and fabulous Flickr slideshows over here.

Although frankly,  I prefer and freakling love the Balsa Man Festival.  But I'm also a fan of being able to go home to a flush toilet or a shower or a cold beer when I'm done enjoying the art in the sand. 

No comments: