Friday, September 17, 2010

Simon says "smile!"

Actually Simon says "squish squish!"

Simon James is a world-traveling photographer from Australia specializing in events and portraits.  I had the pleasure to meet him in Nashville in May when my good friend Carolyn Palmer brought him to the Racers and Chasers cocktail party I hosted to introduce Shilpa and Paul Day around the Nashvegas social set.    While I was home I managed to wrangle the family together for a portrait sitting, and he took some great family photos. I HIGHLY recommend him.


Hardcastles B&W- by Simon James . Wilson Hardcastle B&W- by Simon James


Simon is also BIG FUN and became one of our favorite people to play with while in town, and we were happy to hear he would be spending the last weeks or so of August in the Bay Area.

Simon came to the Nashville via the DeFrances, when they hired him to shoot Tori's wedding.  Tori's older sister Samantha and I were in the same class growing up.  Simon was in the Bay Area to shoot the other sister's wedding (Tiffany) in Tahoe.  His photos are, of course, gorgeous, but I really just like the candid one of the groom before the wedding.


Ahem.

At any rate, post nuptial and all of that Simon stayed for a week and we go to take him out for some fun time in the City, starting with a quick two-step lesson to prepare him for my birthday party, followed by margaritas and burritos at Puerto Allergre in the Mission, and then general messy mess after that.


Simon James and Wilson Hardcastle . Shilpa Patel and Paul Day

Wilson Hardcastle and Paul Day . Wilson, Shilpa and Paul!


There was also tasty Indian dinner at Shilpa's too with new peeps to the set Rob and Peter.


IMG_1943 . IMG_1944

IMG_1964 . IMG_1958

Simon will be back in a couple of weeks with his mother and daughters, and we're looking forward to meeting the family. I don't know if he's taking any booking, but you may be able to take advantage of him while he's here. US bookings are handled by Carolyn Thombs in Nashville (cpthombs@comcast.net).

No comments: