Last night was the members-only opening of the ridiculously big 46th Annual Big Book Sale. As a Friend of the Library, I had members' tickets, but instead joined T and his family for a Glee premiere party, which was totally worth it. Sure the books are varied and cheap but I do not need to spend any more money frivolously, nor do I need to add to my two-foot stack of "to read" books. With all books priced between $1 and $5, I'm sure I'd want to leave with a forklift.
But the Big Book Sale opens today at Fort Mason, running 10:00 a.m.to 8:00 p.m. through Saturday the 25th. Sunday's final day runs 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Check out the new Reader's Cafe adjacent to the bookstore in Building C, featuring famous Blue Bottle Coffee. members of the Friends of the Public Library enjoy a 10% discount, this weekend and all year long.
While I'm on books: Many thanks to Kevin P. for his generous birthday gift certificate to the Booksmith in my neighborhood! I went a little lit wild and now just want to sit home with a cup of coffee, comfy chair, and several thousand pages.
And LitQuake is coming soon, celebrating it's 11th year and running October 1-9.

No comments:
Post a Comment