Thursday, April 24, 2008

chocolate and chips

Last weekend (or was it two weeks ago? I'm so behind) Amy Droptrou hosted a little chocolate fountain party. And I will say that freely flowing Ghiradelli makes everyone happy. Fat, but happy.

Amy and Shilpa

(No Shilpa, just because I put your photo after that comment does not mean I am calling you fat.)


Amy and her chocolate fountain

Amy, you may notice, dressed in chocolate colors. I thought she was just being thematic. She explained, "in case I drip." Which made perfect sense.

As Whitney, not through the door more than five minutes, learned as the first casualty.

first casualty

Shilpa, Roland, and I had to leave the fun fountain early for a little Jimbo birthday party at the Cookie show at Harvey's in the Castro.

Fun at the Cookie Show

Also there the lovely and talented and always so much fun Michael and Susan, who really made the night shine for us all. It was a B-52's themed night to coincide with the new album release. Cookie's show doesn't compare to the raunch and sheer entertainment of Heklina's soon-to-be-retired Trannyshack or Peaches Christ's Midnight Mass, but it has its moments. Most of the acts during the Friday night Cookie Dough's Monster Show are big on costume, but small on actual act. After I've absorbed the initial theme, I get bored easily (we show fags have the attention span of a tsetse fly).

This show was easy to love though, as I am a huge B-52's fan. Even when the act was a snoozer, we were entertained. Of course, being bar-adjacent and on friendly terms with the tender didn't hurt.

Susan and Joanna were great backup dancers-- I believe for the Rock Lobster. But by FAR my favorite act of the night, and the clear crowd favorite, was this:

Guess the B-52s song

Can you guess the B-52's song?

Answer in the comments.

flickr sets 1 and 2

2 comments:

Willo said...

The potatoes are singing "Your Own Private Idaho" of course!

Willo said...

I stand corrected: the proper title of the track is simply "Private Idaho."