Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am quite stimulating.

to the economy that is.

Lance has been working on Macy's.com and Bloomingdales.com for a while now, and shared a little "Friends & Family" love last week. He called me for an afternoon of shopping on Saturday, but we got the dates wrong and the 20% Friends and Family discount doesn't start until tomorrow.

However, that didn't stop us from "pre-sale buying" where the clerks ring you up at the discount price and you have to pick up your purchases during the actual sale dates. Until we discovered that for Earth Week, Macy's was offing the same 20% discount if you donated $5 to a forestry fund. And as an employee, Lance gets another 20% off of that.

I hadn't been shopping, much less for fashion over function, in ages. I made up for lost time.

stimulating the economy

Seriously, the economy is going into the tank and I am just doing my part as a good citizen.

Considering a good chunk of what I bought was marked down already, I think I pulled off a good 50%-60% discount over the day. Of course, (as my mother used to say) I was spending money as if I had it. But now I have a new wardrobe and some swank new heirloom-quality jewelry for ball season.

Come what, May.

Call your friends or friends of friends for the "Friends & Family" discount. Starts tomorrow and runs trough Sunday.

(Shopping hint: event without having a real friend and the discount card, flirting with the salesperson usually gets you the 20% discount during this time as well.)

No comments: