The Knock Out in the Outer Mission has reconstructed their "stage" and sound booth, and hosted a good night of rockabilly/Americana country Friday before last.
Although I could tell I was worn out from the Davidson game, I joined Coco and some of her friends for a fun night of 77 El Deora.
Coco is now firmly established with me as a 77 groupie and we enjoyed some pre-show banter with our favorite friends Christopher Fisher...

and of course Maurice and his lovely wife Jeanine, who knew I was coming and sporting something sparkle-y.
Love her.I enjoyed/survived the first set before succumbing to the fatigue.
Just a couple of things:
Coco is now introducing herself as "Co-Captain: Team Wilson." I kind of love that.

And I love this town and the small little venues that the rockabilly subculture seems to find. I love the gals and guys who bring it. They are committed to the 40s/50s look and pull it off so much better than I could.


Although I think the reason I can't do really good period look has something to do with my lack of hair to coif appropriately. I did used to have the major chops, but the beard looks so much better (I'm told). The beard may be hot, but it's not period.
Next time y'all should come with. And we'll do some pre-shopping. Baby needs another hat.
No comments:
Post a Comment