We can't count the number of times we've seen the mural downstairs, but this time we saw it differently. And I don't know if it is age or experience, but all of sudden, this mural was just really pervy. Quietly, insidiously, look-what-I-snuck-into-a-state-monument-ly perverted.
First I noticed these two riding horseback (but not bareback).
(for all of these, you can click to embiggen)
I don't know what it is, but don't they seem really gay? Or at least rather effete? And the Freud-looking one looks a little predatory.
And speaking of predatory, WTF with this old man giving candy to little girls?
How short are those skirts? And what's with the cowgirl outfits? And is it me or are their faces just right in this guy's crotch? And the look on his face is slightly high, or coital. Very disturbing.
For a moment, we thought maybe we were just 21st century jaded and too familiar with gays and leather and San Francisco sex and we were projecting our perceptions onto this innocent, wholesome mural.
Then Kate saw this.
The guy is holding a plan for Coit Tower, which is already way phallic (it is, supposedly, designed to resemble the nozzle of a fire hose), but layout makes it look like the tower is his penis. And the end of the "tower" erupts into a geyser from the fountain behind him. Which would make sense if following the "designed to look like a nozzle" idea. But the placement and angle--are you kidding me?
The spotlighting made it very hard to get a clear shot. Here's another one that might be easier to discern:
Wow. That's not even subtle. And nice bushes/testicles.
There's no way this ejaculatatory image is unintentional.
I'm just sayin'.





No comments:
Post a Comment