Wednesday, April 09, 2008

he can also turn the world on with his smile

Kevin and I had another ACT show last Wednesday. Wow was the play bad. The acting wasn't bad, although we've concluded that the male lead has only one acting style as he plays everything big and fey. But stuck with a period farce as he often is, there's not a lot he can do with the roles. And this play, The Government Inspector, translated from the Russian, was a very long stinker of a script. Who choses the titles here? At least this season, Sweeney Todd, Speed the Plow, and made up for this snore fest. While acclaimed by some, we didn't care for Blood Knot either--Big Daddy just seems to play the same bit over and over.

All in all though, our Out with ACT nights are a ball. But I fear the enjoyment of the evening has less to do with the quality of the production than it does with the company I keep.

One consistent highlight is Promotions Manager Randy Taradash, who always makes sure we have a good time.

Randy and Wilson

He may also have something to do with the genial personalities/eye candy behind our favorite part of the theater: the bar.

Pretty Pretty Kissy Face and Darren

Randy himself is also tasty.

Wilson licks Randy

Frankly, I mention all of this not so much because it is worth mentioning (but I do try to chronicle all of our theater nights), but because I want to share this photo (sadly taken after the show, not before).

Kevin spins with his bag

I met up Kevin before show time in Union Square. He had finished one of his classes and did some label shopping before the show. While he had opportunity to put his parcel in the car, he loved the way he looked when he would spin around the square with the Kenneth Cole bag, not unlike Mary Tyler Moore at the end of her opening credits.

Kevin is the only guy I know who can use principals as accessories.

meow.

No comments: