Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm leaving Manhattan

and headed to the Bronx.

The Bronx Cocktail is essentially a Perfect Martini with orange juice added. It was ranked number three in "The World's 10 Most Famous Cocktails in 1934",[1] making it a very popular rival to the Martini (#1) and the Manhattan (#2). Today, it remains a popular choice in some markets, and is designated as an Official Cocktail by the International Bartender Association. Like the Manhattan, the Bronx is one of five cocktails named for one of New York City's five boroughs, but is perhaps most closely related to the Queens (cocktail),[2] which substitutes pineapple for the Bronx's orange.

Although I think I'd like mine made with vodka. I'm going to try one each away.

By way of Nick and Nora. With a hat tip and glass clink to Kathryn Wood.

However, I think of this as being in the same family as a sidecar.

That is to say, it's not just for breakfast anymore.





From this discussion

Ms. Wood: "I went through a big Sidecar phase in my mid-20s."
Me: "That will be the throw-away line most quoted by gay men after your biography airs on Lifetime."

No comments: