Wednesday, March 20, 2013

rabbit season! duck season! softball season!

Sunday morning was a brilliant day for a softball game. Parking in the Marina near Moscone Field on a warm spring Sunday, however: nightmare. The morning lineup of friends' games were three in a row out by the Bay: Storm D, Pups D, and Storm C. It took me only 15 minutes to get out there, but over 30 to park. I would have missed half of the first game if the opposing team had not forfeited. It was nice to coffee klatch with the boys for the first hour.

Storm D

And the rest of the players got their Prashant patches. It was a good day to remember and celebrate too.

patches for Prashant

Dew, the marketing mind behind the successful fan-rousing for the Pups and then the Storm, is taking a season off. Glenda remains official score-keeper/manager.

Glen and Eric

And back from an envious work stint in London and travel across the continent, Sudsy has returned to SF and Pups D.

Matt and Paul

The Storm D had to split up as they won the SF season last year, and both teams went to the Gay Softball League World Series in Minneapolis last year. Apparently transplanted to SF with his partner, was a Blue (umpire) they had met at the World Series, and over which both teams were droolingly distracted. I must admit: yeah.

hot umpire

The bat check was particularly erotic for the fans, which amused the heck out of me.

bat inspection

It was a ridiculously perfect day for a day of softball in the park.

Pups at bat Pups at bat 2

hit!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gay softball is just much more fun than straight softball. Niece Ellen was stuck in traffic trying to get from LA to Santa Barbara, and having to detour around the LA Marathon to join the rest of the family on spring break at Alisal. There was much texting. I sent her this pic, which I think sort of sums up why gay softball is awesome. She posted it to her tumblr, and it's been shared and shared again from there.

Just one more reason why gay softball is much more fun:

Hey Girl, Hey

No comments: