Monday, April 08, 2013

Chain CVS to go into old Tower space

Via the Castro Biscuit: CVS Pharmacy to go into the old Tower Records space in the Castro--with many negotiated concessions from the Duboce Triangle Neighborhood Association.  The neighborhood strives to keep big chain retailers out of the very community-oriented historic neighborhood village.  I support that effort.

The Biscuit notes:
No one will ever be 100% happy with the results. Hardcore Castro preservationists who wish to see nothing altered from the past will be, most likely, displeased as will the new neighborhood citizens brought by the Tech boom who care little for the old ways and only desire convenience of services and goods they enjoyed in their old, mall-orientated, suburban homelands.
I second that opinion.  Too much the City has become a reverse commute Urb to the tech boomers commuting to work in the suburbs, but continue to impose their own brand of Completely Uninteresting to life in the City.

The Rich Bland are having a measurable impact on the City.  And as arrogant as it may sound, I feel like I have to explain: "Yes, this the cool kids table."  Sitting here will not make you cool.  It's not the table that makes this 'the cool kids table.'  It's the kids."

No comments: