Wednesday, April 10, 2013

fun to be had on an inclined plain

We have so few truly warm days and nights in SF, Johan put out a blind CC invitation to some select guys to join him on the Bay for drinks at dinner at the Ramp tonight. The Ramp is not known for either its cuisine and certainly not its service, but it is one of the few outdoor drinking and dining venues in the City and if you have good company, the rest is perfectly passable and the setting perfectly pleasant.  We squeezed out the last of the sunshine and warm weather before the wind kicked in at sunset and the arctic conditions resumed. This is why no matter how nice it is, San Franciscan's don't leave the house without a jacket and cap. It was a beautiful evening as the mercury dropped.

Afternoon at The Ramp

Johan is a pretty amazing man, and he pulled together an unexpected group of guys.

Ben and Johan

Of the ten or twelve of us, I had only met one or two before, but by the end of the night I made made some really stellar new friends. And I forgot how great it can be to drink and tell tales with fellow southerners. Law me and land sakes.

gossip

Truly, a great group of guys, and everyone met someone new and we all got along like a house on fire. That happens not nearly often enough. So shouts out to the new guys, particularly Chris, Robbie and Mark. There will be more adventures.

Flickr set.



Update: Yes, yes, I know it's an inclined "plane."  I'm making a pun.  The ramp has a nice view and outdoor seating, but the food and service are bland.  Or rather, plain.

No comments: