Wednesday, April 17, 2013

on the radar for the end of April

Again, at the request for pending visitors, here are some things on my radar happening in the City this week and next. This list is far from exhaustive and doesn't include any of the City events. These are just some things on my social calendar vying for my attention. To be honest, I have really enjoyed my time "off" and going out less this past year, so I only calendar things I might really like to go to.

Castro Gay Pride Flag by Twilight - 6Wednesday (tonight)
Maurice Tani, Mike Anderson & Randy Craig at Strings, 7 p.m.
Out with ACT: Stuck Elevator

Thursday, April 18
Chicago, the Movie Soundtrack performed by Cookie Dough and the Monster Show, at the Edge, 10:15 p.m.

Friday, April 19
Bluegrass Bonaza at the Plough and Stars, Clement Street
The Castro Theater takes you back to high school.  Triple feature: Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion, Pretty in Pink, and Carrie.
NSFW and Kris' birthday at Truck
Honey Soundsystem at Beatbox (good dance music without the eunce eunce eunce!)

Saturday, April 20
Team SFGMC Fundraiser Beer Bust at the Eagle, 3-6 p.m.
Misispi Mike and the Midnight Gamblers at Pier 23, 10 p.m.
SOMA Country with Sundance Saloon at Beatbox, 6-10 p.m.
RedRoxx at The Lone Star Saloon, 9 p.m.
(I have a dinner party and won't by attending any of these, although I'd like to go to all!)

Sunday, April 21
Gay softball, cheering for Storm D, Pups D, and and Bombshells D - Schedule
Daytime Realness goes to church, El Rio, 3-8 p.m.
Sundance Saloon 5:30-10:30 p.m.

Monday, April 22
Musical Mondays at the Edge, 7 p.m.

Tuesday, April 23
Hi Tops trivia, 8 p.m.
Sundance Saloon at Beatbox

Wednesday, April 24
I think I have to stay home and do laundry, otherwise:
SF MovieBears: Oblivion

Stompede 2012 - 84Thursday, April 25
Dining Out for Life
Star Trek The Next Generation: Best of Both Worlds in the cinema
Moonlighting SF at 50 Mason
Garbage VS No Doubt at the Monster Show, the Edge, 10:15 p.m.
Sundance Saloon, 7:00 - 10:30 p.m.

Friday, April 26
The Maltese Falcon at the historic Paramount Theater in Oakland (I'm going!)
Wood, at the Lone Star

Saturday, April 27
Union Square Fire Dancing Expo, 8:00-10:30 p.m.
Code: Bringing leather back to the Castro, at the Edge, 9 p.m.
(but I've cleared this night for Coco's birthday dinner)

Sunday, April 28
Gay softball, cheering for Storm D, Pups D, and and Bombshells D - Schedule
Sundance Saloon 5:30-10:30 p.m.

No comments: