Sunday, April 07, 2013

piping hot T

The 77 El Deora show last night at St. Cyprian's was just wonderful. Beers in the pews, everybody quietly intend on the music, quality song-smithing, outstanding performances, and superb acoustics.

77 El Deora - 3

I loves my 77, clearly, but the surprising absolute treat for me last night was being presented with the T Sisters. Their vocals and harmonies were enthralling, and I sat in my pew transfixed. The three actual sisters (two fraternal twins) were just back from some harmony festival where individually and together they took such honors as best trio, best performance, and best original song (well, for some of these they placed if not won, but still). I bought their sample CD, which is nice and features a richly dark single among the five tracks, but lacks the edge-of-my-seat songs I loved in their show. They are working on their first full album, which I eagerly await.

The T Sisters - 2

Keep and eye out for their performances, and an ear out for their voices. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: