Saturday, April 13, 2013

friend night

Sometimes a good on-on-one "friend night" is better than the best "date night." Thomas and I managed a table at Zazie Thursday evening, and each treated ourselves to something new: rabbit for him and the lamb for me, and both were ridiculously good. And preceded by one of the best mushroom soups I have ever tried. And I am a mushroom guy. The French pressed cider was such as I haven't tasted since I was actually in France, and I really felt very much like I was on vacation. It's nice to know I can feel thousands of miles away from my cares and only two blocks from my doorstep.

Thomas and Wilson at the Ice Cream Bar
Beards and sweaters are sexy.

After dinner, we continued our self-indulgence at The Ice Cream Bar. It's like having a crack den just down the street. Too good.

Ice Cream Bar

By the time we had exhausted our indulgence, and we thought it was time to call it a night, it was another 40 or so minutes for the return 37, so I offered just to drive Thomas back home to the Castro. Oh look! Parking! Right in front of the Edge. Hmmm... the Monster Show is scheduled to start in just 20 minutes, maybe we should stop in and catch the beginning of the show...

Or, revel in the pending weekend and meet fun people for the next hour until the show actually starts, and enjoy the Diana Ross Tribute. With the super fun boys I met just the night before at dinner.

Thomas, Mark and Robbie

Cookie and her cast really outdid themselves with this diva night.

Diana Ross night - 3

Diana Ross night - 6

Diana Ross night - 5

No comments: