Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Another Improv Everywhere moment

I am a huge fan of Improv Everywhere, and somewhat feel that is what my life is like, just on a much smaller scale. That's me: improv of one. While I think that the Mission: Best Buy was brillant, my favorites are No Pants (read the resulting legal decision) and the Time Loop (described during the interview on This American Life). Many people hold the Mission: Even Better Than the Real Thing as number one (in which they pose as U2 and perform a rooftop concert a couple of hours before the real U2 appear across the street at Madison Square Garden).

My favorite excerpt from an agent's field report:
Once they realized that we posed no immediate threat to them or the community at large, they decided to let each of us go on a disorderly conduct charge. Such a charge, I was told by the officer who filled out my summons, more than likely would carry a $20 fine.

OK, great. So, for $20 I can pretend I’m a rockstar on the roof of an apartment building in New York City, entertain hundreds of passers-by and have a blast all the while, but a right turn onto 7th Ave. from 34th Street between 6-8 PM costs me $75. Another reason why I don’t have a car.

No comments: