It’s Tuesday. My first day back in SF. Kevin and I have a pseudo-standing Tuesday night date. But with me without wheels I would have a hard time getting to his place. He called and asked if I wanted to go out, and I found that yes I did. I could use a whisky and a frisky and what did he have in mind?
Apparently (all the good stories start with “apparently”), ever since the Loading Dock closed, there has been a social void for those heavily into uniforms/uniforms & leather. Tonight is the inaugural test of the occasional “uniform night” at the Powerhouse. Tony will be doing outreach again. Kevin told me just to wear my uniform gear. “You know, cop, patrol officer, fire department t-shirt, chaps, camo’, whatever.”
Uh…yeah. What uniform garb would that be? Lord knows as a Hardcastle I have a costume section in my closet, but rooting through my wardrobe the only uniforms I could muster were cater-waiter and someone from Target or Best Buy. “Just wear lots of leather,” he says. That pretty much puts me in three belts and four pairs of shoes.
I’m wearing a black tee and cargo pants with boots. But with the attention I’ve been getting this month, I’m sure it’ll be fine. In any event, there will be Jack, and I’m not driving. Now that’s a uniform I can wear.
No comments:
Post a Comment