Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball

My cool little niece Ellen is turning 11 tomorrow. Discussion of gift ideas and wish lists has been circulating amongst the fam via e-mail. Among the suggestions were one or two games for whatever super-high-tech tiny touch screen Nintendo thing she got for Christmas. The suggested game title was along the lines of "Super Monkey Ball."

Mom just e-mailed the crew to say that she had gotten Ellen the "Super Monkey Ball" (so that others would not duplicate the purchase).

I had to e-mail back to the list: "Why does the phrase Super Monkey Ball make me uneasy?"
Fran replied: "Singular. Not plural."
Honestly, I don't know which is worse. Having Super Monkey Balls, just one Super Monkey Ball, or [shudder] a monkey with just one Super Ball.

All things considered, I just hope they are all going to some sort of formal party.

At which I hope they will be having more fun than a barrel of themselves.








Update: Mom wrote back. And it's pushing midnight in Nashville. My Mom is freakin' hilarious. I read it to Kevin who said he wished he had such a funny mom. I told him that my mother always said that "Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children."

No comments: