Monday, May 01, 2006

April showers.

A deluge of weirdness this weekend.

By Wednesday of last week I thought that this weekend would be eventful. By Thursday night I thought it would be completely boring. Come the cool blue dawn of Monday, I contemplated the previous 48 hours in disbelief.

In the mix this weekend: gallery opening, managing a girl's crush, lessons in the game, the “classy hootchification” of Amy Day, birthday Bacchanalia for a hot tamale with actual tamales, a snake named Harley, formal wear capes, black tie in a leather bar, being fondled by an elected official, antique car show, champagne on Nob Hill, the unwise rekindling of an old crush, an equally ill-advised marriage proposal, and food poisoning.

I blame the moon. It’s all new and creative and bringing all sorts of odd flotsam to the surface. I seem to be riding a tide. Of what? I dunno.

It's May first. What will this moonth bring?

No comments: