Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Overheard at work - 7

"He still hasn't called me?! What does it mean? How many days before I really have to worry? He's killing me!"
"Is he strummin' your pain with his fingers?"
"Yes. He is killing me softly. What's with the whole timing and phone call thing?"
"It's because you're a girl and girls over-analyze and play all sorts of games."
"But I don't play those games!"
"That makes you an abberation, and he won't know what to do with an outlying data point. All girls play games with men. Sometimes it's Clue; sometimes it's Sorry."

I suppose we could add Trouble, Concentration, Risk, Stratego, (are you a man or a) Mousetrap, MasterMind, Operation, Mystery Date, and Life.

Stretching it: Battleship and Monopoly. Waiting to get slapped: Old Maid. And further extending it to cards: Gin.

Feel free to add your own in the comments section.

2 comments:

Willo said...

While we're at card games/dating: We can add Hearts and I Doubt It/Bullshit. And after War, if you don't build a Bridge you'll be going from Poker to Solitaire in a single hand.

Talk about winning tricks...

Willo said...

On Thin Ice.

And for the trailer trash: Rock'em Sock'em.