The last time I flew United Airlines I vowed never again. Not only did my fare double via extra fees and charges, but the flight experience and the customer service seemed to be consciously and aggressively offensive. The corporate culture I experienced at every turn was that of either apathy or active insult.
Luckily, and surprisingly, my luggage (1) arrived (2) intact.
Others are rarely so fortunate and are treated as casually and destructively as their luggage. When baggage handlers started chucking expensive guitars, in front of a planeload of witnesses, the musicians complained and were brushed off.
Silly Giant Corporation, haven't you learned the dangers of pissing off talented people with an Internet connection?
"United Breaks Guitars" is a new country hit.
United is now "in talks."
I bet.
Update: Oooh. CNN covered this last night. He posted the video Monday night, had over 100 thousand views by Wednesday, and as of now has about 642 thousand views.
CNN reports that a United spokesperson is calling this a "unique learning opportunity." How about this United Airlines: spend less time and money on managing PR screw ups and spend more on actual customer service?
No comments:
Post a Comment