
I did note with some amusement that in the particular lit audience, I was one of two people in color. Not that black and grays are not technically colors I suppose, but you get the idea. In my embroidered western shirt, I felt very much The Lady In Red.
I have a bag of silly things won at the AEF County Fair. I was so late to claim prizes with my tickets that I basically got the dregs, including about a dozen or so pleather "creatures" shaped like bean bags and about the size of your fist that make amusing electronic noises when you squeeze them. They feature a variety of odd cartoonish faces, and as I've got a bag of them now I keep them around as esoteric host or occasion gifts. James got the first one last night, as I thought it was ironic to give him a create with his mouth zipped shut on the occasion of a public reading. I slipped it to him in the hubbub and it was quickly forgotten for the time being.
I got a call around 11:00 last night. He was going through his things, putting books back on the desk, transferring gym clothes to the hamper, and dropping the bag into the corner...whereupon it growled and scared the bejeezes out of him.
Heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment