Monday, April 11, 2011

Pup'y love

With our friends Eric (Dew) and Matt (Sudsy) playing for the SF Pups' D team, we've started going to their Sunday games to cheer them on. So far, the Pups are the only ones with a cheering section or fans in the stands. And we bring it. I can only see this escalating to the point of actual cheers, calling games with a megaphone and even mascot costumes.

That being said, we are openly fair weather fans. Meaning when the weather is fair, we'll come out and be your fans. We don't care if you're losing. We sort of expect that. Which makes it somehow even more fun. We are defiantly jubilant. And honestly, gay softball can be hilarious. We are faithful to our D-level team. The B stars are all good players and all serious and competitive and shit. Our stars can hit the ball and sashay at a sprint and do a dance at first base if the inspiration strikes. Where else when a player named Beast takes the plate will you hear from the dugout, "Tales as old as time..."?   And the Pups are serious about their costumes uniforms.   And I will say they look good in those tight black pants. All those baseball term double-entendres are worth it.

And I mean it when I say we are fair weather fans, because with fair days like these, how can we resist?

Pups(d) April 10, 2011 - 5

Even if the game was at nine freaking o'clock on a Sunday morning. At least there was parking. And I don't know how many trips to the park it will take (Fan Captain Glen has checked in enough to earn the questionable "Babysitter Badge," which we now call his "NAMBLA Certification") before I stop finding this ironic:

Pups on the Field!  No Dogs Allowed - 4

Cause they're the Pups! And No Dogs Allowed! Hahahahahaha. Eh. At least I have the thermos. This morning it was just coffee. When I'm off the wagon we may go back to coffee and Bailey's. Other fans were disappointed that I was coffee-totalling this time.

As they all say: If you cannot be an athlete, be an athletic supporter. And we rock.

Pups Fans are the Best Fans!

Go Pups!

If you feel like a fun Sunday in the park, check the online schedule for the Pups D team and feel free to join us (games only last an hour!).  I'm just waiting for a bunch of hairy and burly gay men to start an actual Bad News Bears team in the gay league.  As one t-shirt at the Lone Star rad: All bears are bad news.

No comments: