Fun times.
And I now have a New Favorite Person!
Meet Fun Carol.
Lordy, if she doesn't write her stories down, I'm going to steal them. From the eight-year-old popsicle their she took in and tutored (teaching him to spell his name which was not, in fact, "Rod Reekus") while his momma serviced Johns at home, to the roommate who "was recruited away after his big break into the world of professional rifle twirling."
For reals.
BF had just a few people over, and mixed three social circles: the work, the neighbors, and the gays. Good folks all, and I enjoyed talking to fun people I had never met. Some of whom turned out to be somewhat international luminaries. Carol and I met at the front door, me greeting, and neither of us knowing many others. We took it from there and ran with it.
Carol, Former Law Student: "I was in your class!"
Jeff, Law Professor: "How nice! What are you up to now?
Carol, Former Law Student: "Well I'm at Dewey Cheatham now, but I'm going to be teaching a class at Vanderbilt this fall too."
Impressive Law Professor: "What class?"
Me, Interrupting Smartass: "Sex Ed."
Jeff, Law Professor: [blank look]
Me, Smart Ass: "It's a lab."
Jeff, Law Professor: "Oh. Well then. Practicals can be really beneficial."
Love these folks.
And the class she's actually teaching? Exploration and Heroism above the Arctic Circle.
No comments:
Post a Comment