Frank Rich puts out an excellent opinion piece in the New York Times on the last gasps of the gay-marriage haters.
And Meghan McCain shows the face of the future of the Republican party. I'm all for less government too—which means government should not be involved in religion of any sort. If she can pull that off, I might be swayed. Meghan's points:
1. Most of our nation wants our nation to succeed. 2. Most people are ready to move on to the future, not live in the past. 3. Most of the old school Republicans are scared shitless of that future."And Former New Jersey Governor Whitman calls on the Republican party to drop the anti-gay plank of the platform. Key quote (via JMG): "I am not saying to Christian conservatives, ‘There is no place for you,’ I am saying, ‘Please stop saying there is no place for us.’"
Interesting times indeed...
No comments:
Post a Comment