This just in from Alert Reader Sinclair Kelly. Homo a Go-Go lovin' from a moho on the go go:
A few months ago, I think I had some sort of quarter life crisis and felt like I had to accomplish something before I turned 30. God only knows why I chose the Music City Marathon. I’m not a runner. I’m not really a walker. I get bored with repetitive activities unless it’s raising a pint of beer to my mouth. Hell, I don’t even smoke, not so much for the health risk, but really for the fact that I flat out hate repetition. That’s why I always chose sports like climbing and dancing.
Back around December I secretly started training for the marathon. Secretly b/c I assumed I’d come to my senses and back out. I started by running a few miles a couple times a week. Clearly it was going to be much harder than I initially thought so I cleaned off my shuffle and filled it with Homo a GoGo vol. 1-5. It’s 4 months later and I’ve now listened to those dang mixes hundreds of times.
Last Saturday, I ran the 13.1 miles around Nashville with 30,000 of my closest friends in record-breaking heat. People were passing out and vomiting all along the route. One guy actually passed away after the race. But I felt totally fine with my iPod—ran down Broadway to Mika, circled Music Row with Rihanna, ran down Belmont to Sister Sledge, up Music Row to Pink, through Bicentennial mall to Goldfrapp and crossed the finish line to Lil Mama. (see attached)
I’m still waddling like a duck and I have a stellar racerback tan. I had to go to a black tie thing Sat night and Jonny was making fun of me the entire time. Karma’s a bitch b/c we were checking out a few open houses on Sunday and this dude hit his car. But that’s another story.
Back to you... Your CDs kept me running for the entire half marathon and I’ll always be grateful for you and your music stylings. I even did better than my projected time. So really, thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!
I’ll send you photos when I get them and I’ll see you next week!
Sin
Congratulations Sinclair! Go go my moho!

No comments:
Post a Comment