
Winnie has been a long-time entertainer at Marlena's, is a former Miss Bay Area Gay Rodeo, and in his alter ego Doug Graff, has been Mr. Bay Area Gay Rodeo, Mr. Golden State Gay Rodeo, probably Mr. IGRA (International Gay Rodeo Association), past President of the Bay Area Chapter, Golden State, and I think IGRA too. And was recently honored for his service on the IGRA board. Or in other words, Doug is Mister Rodeo, and has dedicated lots of service. He's also hilarious as Winnie Baygo, another rodeo fixture. (Like a knob. Has everyone taken a turn?)

Doug is also an all-around stand up guy. And we loves our Miss Winnie. She, clearly, has a distinctive style, at least around the eyes. Winnie also outfitted the cowboys in makeup and wigs and garments for Drag-A-Thon. Winnie's eyes are so, ahem, Divine, that folks could readily conclude that Winnie did the makeup for Miss Otis Regrets.

Winnie Baygo is getting her butt to Vegas
John Southard, former Mr. Bay Area Gay Rodeo had so much fun at the Drag-A-Thon that Miss Lulu now makes regular appearances at Rodeo events. Next year he's running for Miss Bay Area Gay Rodeo. (You have GOT to love this town.) John hit me up for t-shirt ideas for Doug/Winnie's going away. He printed t-shirts inspired by my slogan:
Winnie Baygo: Bound for Vegas. Gagged for Pleasure.
As if anyone could stop Winnie's mouth. (I mean from talking. Uh huh.)
Lord knows Galilea tries—she was (as usual) the bantering hostess for the show and sent Winnie off in style.

And Winnie pulled out all her best.
But the prize for best gown of the night goes to [she whose name I cannot for the life of me recall at the moment].

Among the fag/drag crowd, the cheap surplus store Ross ("Dress for Less") is known as "Ross Cross-Dress for Less." Her gown was so carefully tailored and stitched I have no idea how she managed to get those pieces though a sewing machine. Click to embiggen. Awesome.
Skot Land, outgoing President of the Bay Area Gay Rodeo, came straight from the Under One Roof Disco fundraiser (I disco napped through it and came directly to Marlena's).

He calls this his "Molester 'Stache."

[Shudder]
He totally looks it. And it's making me rethink my memories of my 70s/early 80s school teachers. His hunksband was not happy when he emerged from the bathroom with the butchered beard. I think Skot's new hobby will be to hang around playgrounds and see how many times people call the cops.
Or he could just hang around outside Badlands. These days the kids seem just as young, but a lot more pervy.
1 comment:
Wilson,
Thanks for the post! I have it on good authority that Miss Baygo certainly did enjoy her send off. She is going to miss her SF friends dearly and asked me to tell them all to come visit her in Vegas soon. As soon as I can find a house fitting for her, she'll be hosting out of town guests in true tacky Vegas, trailer park style.
See you soon!
Doug
Post a Comment