So, Jay Leno has left The Tonight Show after 22 years. I think I may have seen less than a dozen of those shows, and none in their entirety. Is it weird that I still think of him as "the new guy" after Johnny Carson? Leno still on the college stand-up circuit when I was in high school. Then again, I don't watch late night talk shows any more. It's all clips and highlights on a mobile device if it's noteworthy. And Kimmel and Fallon are much better at this for my tastes. But I understand that Leno is the man for the widest, lowest-common-denominator appeal. Mom loves him. She's clever but 77 and not so much on-the-pulse.
I think of older folks who still think of Johnny as new after Jack Parr, so there is also that.
My late nights are a DVR'd dose of John Stewart. Give me The Daily Show over The Tonight Show any day.
Although Jimmy Fallon is both sweet and clever. I think he should introduce a new soap opera parody and call it "Fallon Crest," but I am also dating myself again.
No comments:
Post a Comment