Tuesday, March 16, 2010

el curryito

Shilpa is all in a lather that India is getting a Taco Bell. Now I do rely on Shilpa as my arbiter of both "good" Indian food and "food items that taste like they are made from molten lava," but we both have a weakness for Taco Bell as our comfort fast food of choice.

Shilpa masala'd herself over the India/Taco Bell news.

Shilpa, PeeDee, and owner of the new Kasa
I do agree with her that putting a McDonald's in India, where they do not eat beef, was a ludicrous idea. I was mocking her spicy enthusiasm while she read aloud from the proposed menu, until she got to the words "potato paneer burrito" and I jumped right on that bandwagon. Or rickshaw. Or whatever it is that will take me to there.

Wilson: "Why can't we get an Indian Taco Bell here?"
Shilpa: "We have one. It's called Kasa."

See also.


Update: Shilpa is now gloating that Britain does not yet have a Taco Bell.

I don't know what to do with that so I'm giving it to you.

No comments: