Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mystery Date: Toddler Rave

I LOVE Kevin's Mystery Dates! No sooner than I got Mac, Emily and Leland off to the airport did people begin showing up at my place at 3:30 for pre-drinks before a 5:00 mystery date. The only clue from Kev was "it's not theater, but it's a show." We got to Billy Graham Auditorium and Hells Yeah: Yo Gabba Gabba. OMFS—it was a total toddler rave, complete with psychedelic performances and glow sticks. And enthusiasts in costume. We were calling it Burning Toddler.

Serious Ya Gabba Gabba ravers Yo Gabba Gabba say goodbye

Unfreaking believable. I have mathematically-approaching-zero knowledge of Yo Gabba Gabba, but I understand it has to do with a giant red studded dildo with one eye who entertains kids under three.

Kevin and Kelly enjoy the Toddler Rave - 1 Shilpa and Wilson Yo Gabba!


Of course we loved the show.

Of course we brought flasks (as instructed by Fearless Leader).

Two highlights: The Party in My Tummy with what was supposed to be a drumstick but just looked like a nugget with an enormous ball sack:

the nugget has big nuts - 1


And OMFBS: WE LOVE BLACK SANTA.




The hands-down best part of the show was in the second act when the tiny kids would sit on Big Black Santa's lap and mimic a beat. Awesome.

And people wonder why when Kevin asks me to reserve a date, I do with no questions asked.

Kelly and Kevin and the Love Sock Monkey (2) Wilson and Kevin Yo Gabba!

Yo Gabba Gabba Doo.

No comments: