Monday, November 01, 2010

shopping seen

While ostensibly wig shopping with Kevin for Halloween drag which never materialized, we did have a good time, frigid rain notwithstanding. We had to wait a bit for Ewok to join us so we killed some time in the Mission Community thrift store. I had to surreptitiously take this photo of a shawled middle eastern woman browsing the slightly vintage collection of porn in the corner. The hand-lettered sign and the visual contradiction amused me.

Porn Corner

Of course, it did not amuse me nearly as much as discovering she was casually flipping through serious gay bondage/S&M porn.

Porn Corner detail

Who can forget that A.A. Milne children's classic: Return to Porn Corner.

Also of note, at the Wig Factory or whatever it's called on Mission at Cesar Chavez, each wig style has a name, usually a generic female name or famous character. My brother Mac loves his luxurious mane of hair so I thought this was fitting.

The "Mac" Wig The "Mac" Wig detail

I sent pics to many of his friends.

No comments: