Friday, July 11, 2008

iNsane

All of the AT&T stores in the Bay Area sold out of the iPhone by 11:00. A friend of mine works at a hotel in NYC two blocks from the SoHo Apple store. He reported that there was a line stretching that far when the doorman came on at 6:00 this morning. And later in the morning, there was a riot over the iPhone.

Police were called. Mess, presumably, ensued.

People, it may be the coolest bit of personal technology ever invented, but it's just a gadget. Would it kill you to wait a day or two? Sure, I want one, and like now.

But I've waited for over a year and a half. Another week and a half won't kill me.

And other accounts report that those who got one today, are experiencing intense frustration in getting it activated. I'm glad I did not get up at 5:00, stress through a line, only to end up with an expensive brick.

From the San Francisco Chronicle/SF Gate: Setup problems plague Apple's new iPhone

Update: ArsTechnica/Infinite Loop on the craziness going on downtown (SF)

No comments: