Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SubLime

After recovering from my run with the bulls, I met up with RMJ at Lime where we were invited to send off the lovely Marta and Geraldine who were returning to Europe Dublin that afternoon.

Marta, Wilson, Geraldine

After several hours of bloody marys, vodka, and then bottomless mimosas (wishing we had known about those sooner), I turned to Marta, "Oh my goodness!" I said, looking at my watch. "Don't you need to hurry to catch your flight?"

"It doesn't leave until after eight o'clock tonight."

"I thought you said you were leaving this afternoon."

"We are."

Arriving at 12:45 for a 11:00 brunch with the Latins I was right on time. My new lesson in continental time keeping: "Afternoon" begins around 4:00 runs until 8:00 or 9:00 at night, which begins "evening." "Night" is much, much later, and is when you go out for dinner or entertainment. Or to feast on the blood of the living. It's not entirely clear.

What is clear is that, at least chronometrically speaking, these are my people.

Favorite line of the day, regarding a person who dated someone in the office to a disastrous end, but is now attracted to someone even hotter who also works in the office and is beginning to go out with him:

"So the lesson learned is this: You can't date sexy men in the office. But you can date sexier men in the office."

Juan Carols and Love-My-Mariah-Mocha were there too, as were new friends both foreign and domestic.

Mocha, Marta, Dale, Geraldine

Mocha, Marta, Dale, and Geraldine

Shouts to Jan, who has just arrived in SF on a Google sabbatical from their Dublin office. He himself is from Amsterdam (and Lieden. LOVE Leiden.)

Robert Michael Joseph (RMJ), Jan, Juan Carlos

Robert, Jan, and Juan Carlos

You'll see more of Jan later in this post. And of course a special shout to Juan Carlos who was our able ambassador to this weekend's international events.

After endless rounds of endless mimosas, some of the crowd got a bit groovy.

Juan and RoMo

And then, the runway struts began.

Through the restaurant.

Juan Carols walks the runway


Fortunately, the crowd got into it. We would pull random hotties of both genders up from their tables to show what they got. Everyone worked it.

Lime runway walking

Another reason I love SF.

Another pleasant surprise was meeting a fellow Phi Gam (aka Fiji).

Wilson and Fiji Sam

Wilson and Phi Gam Sam

We never would have known if we both didn't happen to put on old Fiji shirts that day. It's a small world, even domestically.

Finally, here's a video of the day.

And again, thanks to Juan Carlos, love to Marta and Geraldine, and shout to Sam. And, you'll see why in the video, a special round of applause for Jan.



Look for the couple that exchanged wardrobe during the party. It should be obvious. At least on him.

And as usual, there is a higher quality video in the gallery suitable for sharing or downloading. Photos in the gallery here and on flickr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!!

First all of sorry for the HUGE delay in answering. I got back to Dublin from SF, and then went straight off to Switzerland for some weeks to visit my parents who live there. It was really nice and relaxing, but now I'm back to reality.

I wanted to say to you guys that it was so great meeting you and I hope we can meet again somewhere! The posts and videos were great by the way, really enjoyed watching them.

Marta, Borja and I are still reminiscing our days in San Francisco, particularly those last few hours spent in Lime. We have not been able to find a Lime replacement in Dublin..but we'll keep on looking!

Besos!

Geraldine