I've been told I need to copyright a line so I'm setting it down here. (Hey, there's precedent.)
An Alert Reader was telling me about a friend who's having a hard time reading a woman's desire to be kissed, or you know, not. And it's like the third date. (women! so inscrutable! glad to be gay.)
I suggested he should text* her post-date saying he wished he had kissed her. You know, respect her and all that, but let her know that the motor's running if she wants to hop on board, so to speak. Which apparently is what he thought of doing but is afraid that she'll think he's a weirdo. (and I'm thinking that ship has sailed.)
My advice: Take her or text her.
*Yes, I know "text" is not a verb. I am slowly succumbing to the verbing of the nouns.
3 comments:
that ship's not too far from the dock, yet,
okay, the ship's farther from the dock than I thought
no land on the horizon
Post a Comment