Tuesday, April 02, 2013

April showers on Easter bonnets

It may have been March 31st, but this Easter Sunday was still winter in most of the country, and a very wet April day in San Francisco. Easter does require some sartorial splendor, and I pulled out the seersucker shirt, pink ties, and linen jackets. Bonnets were debated, and while the bunny boater was festive,

Alternative Easter hat 1 Alternative Easter hat 2

I opted for a simpler fedora with Easter chick.

Fedora with chick

After mass, Coco and I pounced on our favorite table in the Castro.

Coco and Wilson at Easter Brunch

What the menu may lack in brunch glamour, it makes up for in "right sized" mimosas.

Proper size for a mimosa

Harvey's will never win any culinary awards, but the staff and energy of Harvey's is much fun on a Sunday, and the table in the window is always a fun perch, particularly for Easter Sunday socializing and people watching—both the delightful and the WTF.

Such as:

Bunnies hop across Castro Street Bunny buns

The day started out sunny, but by 11:30 there were scattered showers. And by 12:30, torrential downpours. We decided, wisely, against the party in the park, and enjoyed our perch as long as possible, before moving to the window and the fun people in 440.

Michael and WIlson Tony and Michael

Paul and Wilson

As usual, some were more fun than others...

440 Easter Fun Time - 2

440 Easter Fun Time - 3

440 Easter Fun Time - 4

It was fun to be rowdy with other happy-go-lucky people, as we witnessed the downpour outside, and I suppose a different sort of down-pour inside.

Atlanta Michael particularly loved my hat. And the chick. He kept saying how tasty it looked. It didn't occur to me that he was serious, and that I needed to point out that it wasn't a peep. He actually bit and tried to eat the chick off my hat!

Michael ate the chick off my hat!

I left him gnaw for a moment or two before declaring that it wasn't edible. Ew.

Um, that's NOT a Peep!

From there I walked Coco to her bus, and joined other revelers hiding from the rain in The Edge. Shouts out to Hegarty and Richardson, or as I captioned the photo: Thundercats, Ho.

David Hegarty and James Nickerson, Thundercat & Ho

Bright spots on a dark and rainy day!

Wilson Hardcastle and David Hegarty - 2

No comments: