Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston

I just...can't. Can't fathom. Can't process. And am stricken by the casual cruelty and horror. How one person, or a small group of people, can make a moment so exuberant and so celebratory of life and turn it into terror and lifelong scars. In an instant. Joy, community, and cooperation—a day of so many coming together—ripped into despair, fear, and loss. So much loss. Futures shattered. Spirits assaulted, and for so many, hopes and deems turned to bitter darkness. Peace should not be so fragile.

And for what?

There is nothing but suffering today.

But I am also immensely grateful to love in a community where people witness to the horror, run towards it to aid the fallen. I would like very much to believe that we're all in this together.

But when I picture the fallen and the violently amputated...I just can't...

No comments: