Monday, October 27, 2008

the battle over Prop 8

It's getting really nasty out there. And honestly, I'm scared shitless Prop 8 will pass. The proponents have lies on their side, and for claiming the moral high ground on this issue, they are the most malicious, dishonest cretins I have seen since Carl Rove's tactics or McCain's Ayers robocalls.

They have nothing but fear and loathing/lying on their side. And they are winning not the hearts nor minds of the California voters, but their fear and bigotry. Which makes them likely to win. Shilpa spent all weekend trying to bring her parents over to the No on 8 side, but failed painfully.

It makes me physically ill.

Andy Towle has some updates: Lots here, and more here (Hunting Beach report) and here (Bakersfield school official assaults No on 8 youth) and here.

I want to make an ad to subtly shove some of their hypocricy in their faces: "When you pledged your allegiance, with your hand over your heart and the flag in your eyes, for liberty and justice for all, did you mean it?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't fail completely.

I'm pretty sure they're not going to vote at all.

SAD state of affairs.