Monday, October 27, 2008

Prop 8- protect the children?!

Clearly, the children need to be protected FROM the Yes on 8 haters.

This is so sick.

via Queerty:
Some California parents are royally - and understandably - pissed at the Yes on 8 campaign. The campaign, which hopes to revoke gay citizens' right to marry, recently ran the above ad in which they again claim that same-sex nuptials will infiltrate the public school system. And to prove their point, the commercial's creators used news footage from a field trip in which students went to see their lesbian teacher get married - footage some parents say exploits their children. And now they're fighting back.

At the No on Prop 8 website:

Outraged Parents of Children Featured in Latest Prop 8 TV Ad Demand that Commercial be Taken off the Air Immediately
Latest Campaign Gimmick Termed Exploitative and Shameless by Parents

SACRAMENTO – The parents of the two children most prominently featured in the latest multi-million dollar Prop 8 political spot today termed those ads “distasteful and exploitative” and demanded that the ads be taken off the air immediately.

2 comments:

Reuven said...

It's been settled! Most Churches say NO to prop 8.

Anonymous said...

I love these parents. I love that they are outraged. I love that they spoke out.

And now I'm crying. Because I'm a big ole baby over Prop 8.