I couldn't wear a costume to work today like the majority of the people here as I had a formal interview and needed to be, well, formal. I'm interviewing for a Director position, and the thought did occur to me to wear jodhpurs, a beret and bring a megaphone or a clapboard and go as a "director."
The corporate costume party and contest immediately followed my interview. As I was wearing a black suit, I merely flipped up my collar, retied the tie in Victorian fashion, swapped the blazer for a black trench coat, put the top hat back on, and sauntered over with the rest of my department who were in costume. I looked like this:

I was impressed with the quality of a lot of the costumes this year. I left my camera at my desk, but I will try to post others' photos later. One small girl with a mustache and dressed in an 18oo's style suit asked me if I was Abe Lincoln.
I said no but that I certainly could be.
She was dressed as, and I am not making this up, John Wilks Booth.
We joined the contest as a pair.
Note: Now while dessing up alone as John Wilks Booth does seem a bit on the nutter side, she had made the costume for tonight, when her boyfriend will be in costume as Lincoln.
No comments:
Post a Comment