I went home from Sundance early last night with an upset stomach. I think Sarah Palin made me sick. If I had to hear about "sitting around the kitchen table" again I was going to puke. It's nice to know you think can identify with our problems because you've sat around the kitchen table worried about the same problems with your family—even though I don't think you ever did—but I need a leader who doesn't sit and fret over problems but rather is smart enough to devise and articulate a plan to do remedy them.
If she's not in the kitchen cooking up strategies for America's economic crisis, then at least she could just make me some breakfast.
I thought she came out looking a lot better than I thought she would, but the debate camp prep and memorization, and the art of the non-answer, where certainly on display.
This in from Alert Reader Coco, from Adennak, via Andrew Sullivan:
Andrew Sullivan has some really good post game comment round-ups. A gay Republican conservative and pundit for the Atlantic he often has an interesting take. And calls out bullshit when he sees it.
This came in over the work LGBT Listserv this morning: Sarah Palin Pisses Me Off
It's a well-written rant on the Dark Lady's blog. I had not visited the Dark Lady before. She describes herself thusly: "Darklady is editor at YNOT, a regular contributor to Adult Video News, erotic event impresario for Darklady Productions, Inc., and has nearly two decades of experience covering the adult entertainment industry, free speech, internet technology, and alternative sexuality beats online, in print, and via traditional and web radio."
So I'm thinking if you want to click around her site, it would be rather NSFW.
The blog post is fine though. And worth the click-thourgh.
Excerpts from Sarah Palin Pisses Me Off:
...
But these are not the reasons that Sarah Palin pisses me off enough to write this.
Sarah Palin pisses me off enough to write this, because she’s a slap in the face of every progressive woman with an ethical backbone, a loving heart, a functioning brain, and an ambitious spirit. (emphasis added —IJS)
It doesn’t bother me that Sarah Palin can drop an elk with a rifle – although I think picking off wolves from an airplane is unsporting, cold-blooded, and cowardly. It doesn’t bother me that Sarah Palin has a beauty queen background – although I find the timing of her first and fifth pregnancies interesting to ponder. It doesn’t bother me that she’s opposed to abortion and chose to give birth to a child with Down syndrome – although I must admit amazement at her nearly super-human ability to camouflage this last pregnancy as compared to her previous ones.
So, what is it about Sarah Palin that sets my blood to “percolate” and makes my entire epidermis crawl? What is it about Sarah Palin that really pisses me off?
It’s the fact that she uses the contents of her uterus like a deflective shield.
I have never seen anyone throw one of their own children under a bus as quickly as I saw Sarah Palin throw not one, but three of hers. Track, Trig, and Bristol; all momma’s little career-sound bytes and photo ops, with Piper’s gregarious cuteness thrown in for good measure and snuggly dressed, but tastefully underage, Willow wisely fading into the background whenever possible.
When faced with rumors that Trig’s matronage might be closer to Bristol than Sarah, the governor of Alaska/newly tapped GOP vice-presidential pick did the only logical thing to defend her title: she outted Bristol as nearing the end of her own second trimester.
Thanks, mom!
As the daughter of a religiously based female right-to-lifer myself, that feels especially icky.
...
But the thing that really pisses me off about Sarah Palin – and I say this as the sister of a mentally retarded adult — is that at every moment possible, poor Trig is clutched in front of the cameras like the photo-op heavy, invaluable, and easily manipulated manifestation of the evangelical movement that he is.
And all of this is being puppeteered by a party that has thrived on condemning the sexual misfortunes or aberrations of others; simultaneously claiming a perverse corner of the market on virtue and family values while its loudest champions are repeatedly found in bed with the polar opposite of their preachings.
Word.
1 comment:
My dad had the best comment. I called him after all the commentaries I could handle, he said:
"Did you watch Biden and the crazy lady???"
Post a Comment