Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Donate to No on Prop 8 now. Please.

Vote No on Prop 8

I just sent more money. And y'all know I'm not rolling in it.

After making a donation, the site prompts you to tell your friends. I am telling my friends. Here is my note, followed by their form letter:

Beyond the well-worded form letter below, I am calling on my friends and family for donations as the millions of dollars that out of state churches have funneled into the Yes on 8 campaign have been used to flood the airwaves with hate speech and outright lies, and the polls are shifting to the side of bigotry. The No On 8 campaign sorely needs more funding.

Prop 8 will CHANGE the state constitution to specifically prohibit same gender couples from the legal rights and obligations of a civil marriage.

That's what it will do. A no on 8 vote lets the constitution stand.

What the Yes on 8 camp is advertising is that unless voters vote yes on Prop 8, churches will lose tax-exempt status, and kindergartners will be taught gay sex education. Neither, of course, is true. But it is scary enough to motivate the uninformed.

Please. $20 here or there can make a huge difference in enough numbers.

Thank you,

Wilson

----------------------
Dear Friend,

I am writing to you because of a very serious issue facing voters this November in California. Proposition 8 is an initiative on the ballot that threatens to eliminate the right to marry for same-sex couples. I'm writing to ask you to do whatever you can to help defeat it.

You know how important being treated equally is for every member of our community. That's why I'm asking for your support again. Please, vote No on Prop 8.

All same-sex couples in California now have the same rights and protections that all other committed and loving couples enjoy. That fairness is so important.

Our Constitution was designed to provide equal protections under the law for all of us in California and SHOULD NOT be used to treat people differently. That's what we think this election is all about -- fairness and equality.

We've come a long way, but the fight is far from over. We need your support now more than ever. Please, Vote NO on Proposition 8 and tell others to do the same. Together, I am positive that we can help make our state a more accepting and loving place to live.

Sincerely,

Wilson
And please, if you are a California resident, vote no on Prop 8.

And tell your friends why.

You'll be in good company.

Donate here.

No comments: